I’ve been wanting to have a blog since too many times ago. I’m having a journal and have been writing on it for years now, but still don’t have any courage to start a blog.
Fear. I do think that is the basic reason why I don’t have a blog. That basic reason then creates the excuses I made to assure myself why ‘I can’t’ write a blog. The excuses like: I don’t know what to write, I’m not sure how to write it, it just too personal, it’s not a public material, I have no important or interesting thing to share, I prefer a book and a pen to do my writings, I don’t have time to edit the posts before publishing it, etc.
The fact is, I’m just not brave enough.
Writing a blog means putting myself ‘out there’. Letting people know a little more about me, to judge my writing, from what I’m writing about, how I’m writing it, spelling mistakes, gramatical errors till what kind of person I am. It’s always been hard for me to open myself to other people. I carefully choose what to share even with the closest person in my life. So writing a blog is sort of out of the question.
Then why do I even think about it? Why I’ve been wanting to have one and even the fear can’t stop me from wanting it?
There are some reasons why I want to have a blog, here are some of them:
– I want to share
– I want to help people, inspire them
– I want to keep thinking, keep my head active
– I want to keep in touch with my feelings
– I want to care more, pay more attention on things around me
– I want to discuss stuff with more people
– I want to get to know more about myself and my passion
– I want to practice my writings, improve it
– I want to face my fears (of making mistakes, of sharing with others, etc)
– I want to make this as one of my legacy
Some of them I can fulfill by writing a journal, some of them don’t. There’s also a different level of fulfillment that I can only get by writing a blog.
My father once told me,
“If you were to scared to do it for your self, then do it for other people, think about how it could help them.”
I think the point is to find a greater reason than any of my fears.
I have my reasons. So now let’s face the fear. Once step at the time. Start with this first post.